Well I guess not sealing wax.. Has just been a busy couple of days. Zev was home from school cocooning with the memories of Misty and needing reassurance that we were here. Plus the home visit for Amanda’s burgeoning adult care as opposed to pri-care and the phone ringing every time i sat down. In other words, life and that’s been cool. Not conducive to writing tho.
Lately I’ve been turned on to lots of amazing music from people on Spirit Refuge and that has been heart-lightening. I always seem to have a sound-track going in my head even when there is no exterior music playing and listening to Babble and Nick Drake and Music From the World of Osho and Legendary Pink Dots.. just adds colours to the audial rainbow, so to speak.
I’ve started reading Rachel Pollack’s new book Tarot Wisdom and it is amazing. Her two-volume set Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom has been one of my main referenced for everything I’ve done with the cards for the past 20+ years. This book if anything offers more insight.
One of the things Pollack does is to give one (or more) spread(s) that one can do for each of the cards for the Major Arcana. I’ve been emphasizing with people, new to the cards lately the importance of getting to know how each archetype resonates inside them in order to be able to use the cards effectively,so this is incredible.
I’ve decided to roll these spreads myself to see what comes out. This, from the inside anyway, seems to be such a transformational period for me that it makes sense,
I have always been uncomfortable with the idea of doing readings for myself. In this case tho, to maintain at least a modicum of objectivity (Hisenberg is uncertain) where i write down interpretations at all, i will try to stick to the text .
OK the Fool Reading (as written by Rachel Pollack) and the cards that came out.
1) How have I been a Fool in my life? XIX – The Sun
2) How has it helped me? X of Pentacles
3) How has it hurt me? Knight of Pentacles
4) Where in my life do I need to be more foolish? Page of Cups
5) Where will the Fool not serve me? VII of Pentacles
6) Where will I find the Fool outside myself? II of Cups
7) What gifts does it bring? XI Justice (R)
1) The Sun in readings talks about a time of happiness and joy if not total fulfillment and unity (that would be the world. A lot of times when i come to this place of joy, i have jumped into the next adventure rather than waiting for the coda at the end that would brind the story to its conclusion.
2) Thanks to an amazing and generous family, I have had more opportunity than most to play the fool, to take leaps into new situations rather fearlessly.
3) Unfortunately my instincts have not led me to be the kind of methodical practical person i’d like to be at times
4) need to let myself be freer and more creative with finding time, opportunities to meditate.
5) Again, when it comes time to do work, i need to be more methodical with better planning
6) My relationship has always been one of following our instincts that we should be together. We have tended to follow what feels right each step of the way. Planning has never seemed to work
7) Very little gets to me for long. I can pretty much shrug off stuff that seems to cling to other people for years