Tag Archives: magical thinking

Quote of the Day – January 10 2013

‘What is Magik? Magik is the 90% of the brain that we don’t use. Reality is the other 10 percent. Magik is what’s in a child’s eye when he sees snow for the first time. Magik is what’s in an animal’s eye when it first begins to play with its kindred. It’s what’s in the eyes of two lovers when they exchange wedding vows. Magik is what clears all normality away. But just because we know about Magik doesn’t mean we can use it.’
– Heruka Dragonbane.

 

I was going to speak dryly about what I believe magic to be but I don’t feel so inclined for tonight’s blog. I love the definition that Dragonbane gives for magical thinking. I want to look at the night sky and see it for the first time with the wonder of a child. Without complaining of cold or rain, let me feel the weather on me without expectation. Let me see in each strange the potential friend and find magic and mystery in everything. Let it all be new. Let me feel renewed. Let me laugh and frolick and jump with my dogs and nephews and nieces and see every moment as adventure and see possibilities in every turn. I say all this and the universe replies ‘Go for It’

Blessings, G

 

Click on images to see full-sized

 

KIng of Pentacles
Tarot – King of Pentacles by G A Rosenberg

 

Red Blue Inversions
Red-Blue Inversions by G A Rosenberg

Quote of the Day – December 4 2012

“Creativity is contagious, pass it on”
– Albert Einstein

Do you believe that magic exists? that spells may be woven, that things may be changed through sheer will? Well of course you do. We’ve all read of parents able to lift cars off endangered children and speed records being broken. We do the unusual every day and sometimes the miraculous just takes longer. Just think, every day, every minute we create our reality and see others creating theirs. This doesn’t mean that there is not an underlying objective reality after all the elephant exists no matter how many different parts of it we grab. But the perspective we have at any given moment and how that changes, that is miraculous. We can go from villain of the story to hero or backwards, we can become mighty or week, our mates can be the most amazing people we know or the most horrible. We create every moment we can’t help ourselves and yes it is contagious. You’re it. May I never be cured.
Blessings, G

Click on images to see full-sized

Building the Mystery

Building A Mystery by G A Rosenberg

The Empress

Tarot Trump III – The Empress by G A Rosenberg

Quote of the Day – December 9 2011

“‘Would you like an apple?’ ‘This one has a wish inside it,’ she said matter-of-factly. ‘Make sure you know what you want before you take a bite.'”
–Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind)

Magical thinking, there’s nothing quite like it.

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.”

    –Jesse Jackson

It may take some work however . 🙂 Namaste — GAR

Click on images to see full-size

Expressing by G A Rosenberg

Eyes of Compassion by G A Rosenberg

Dreams of a Pastel Paradise by G A Rosenberg