“Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are.”
— Jose Ortega y Gasset
My attention tends to shift amidst many different areas and I never know which facet of my being will come into play. Here are some of the things that tend to capture it these days:
- Whispered words and Loud conversations
- How the light falls on the leaves – Light in general and darkness and the interplay between the two
- People’s hearts – People’s eyes, spirits and stories as well.
- My Family
- Art- Both creating my own and enjoying that of others. Favourites: Dali, Escher. Alex Grey, Austin Osman Spare, Caravaggio, Vincent Van Gogh, Bosch, and lots of others including that of many friends on Tumbler and Face Book.
- Bad Jokes and Good Wordplay- I love playing with language and making it dance.
- Books- Favourite writers are Charles deLint, Spider Robinson, Aleister Crowley, Austin Osman Spare, Michael W. Ford, Robert Anton Wilson, Ken Wilber,Neil Gaiman and an almost endless list of others.
- Archetypes-Myths, Legends, Songs and of course Comics.
- Music– Of all kinds. My tastes tend to change and evolve. Some favourites currently and perennially: ELP, Queen, Behemoth, Metallica, Neil Young, Dana Owens (Queen Latifah), Watain, Bob Marley, Animals as Leaders, Walk Off the Earth, Acherontas, Postmodern Jukebox, Emme Ya and again I could keep going endlessly
- People’s conceptions of the universe. I prefer to hear people’s unique takes on spirit as opposed to prepackaged ideas that they gained either at their parent’s knee or their latest conversion. I want to hear the kernel of truth that I believe each of us carries within.These days my studies have taken me more towards the goetia and left-hand path topics tho I am always interested in hearing and discovering truths as each person knows them.
I am always interested in learning more about the people who read this blog. Feel free to share what captures and holds your attention these days
Click on images to see full-sized:
Questions Asked and Answered by G A Rosenberg
Building Blocks Towards A Cosmic Fractal by G A Rosenberg
““Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life”
When it comes to music, I could just write a page of quotes. Harry Chapin might have said it best- “Music’s been my greatest friend my fiercest foe. Music can take me so high or it can send me so low”. Music has been there for me even at times when I wasn’t. I define different periods in my life by what i was listening to. My high school years getting into complicated lyrics, ELP, Genesis and Led Zeppelin. Then my first exposure to Bob Marley, The Police and The Clash followed by just about anything and everything at one time or another. Singing folk music while walking in between rides made long days of hitchhiking easier. The Answer my friend is blowing in the wind but i don’t want to work on Maggie’s farm no more cause I am a Rock I am an island girl, sure do shine glad I found you glad you’re mine.
Music doesn’t need words and sometimes the right music can replace words, lifts my spirt, lifts my soul. These days I listen to lots of trance and classical tho the old favourites still find their way onto my play list. Music helps me transform my emotions. I find it impossible to stay sad through certain songs. Music helped get my son to sleep (still does at times) and helps me to wake up. Yes. It helps me to wake up in more ways than one. 🙂
Click on image to see full-size
Riddling by G A Rosenberg
a bit uneasy but that’s ok
disquieted what a strange term, i am dising my quiet and why
when i have searched for it for so long..
tho be careful what you ask for
happiness peppered through with anxiety
not about holding on but how to play
and how to be
just be and the how takes care of itself…
feel the mood pass through
music tunes it out as i tune in
all flowing through the consciousness stream
loving, comes easier, the more I practice
Love is my practice
i learn from each one
after all who else is there?
My spirit has come home
yet that word’s meaning changes…
I have learned to walk in the beauty i perceive
and yet have barely perceived at all.
The Noble Funkoff
Not one of mine for a change, a friend of mine turned me on to this video. A couple of old favourites playing