“Sometimes I get lonesome for a storm. A fullblown storm where everything changes.”
After a week of talking about identity which followed a week of talking about freedom, I was not expecting to be talking around another ‘theme’ that quickly. Tho its interesting that the last two quotes that called to me were both talking about various kinds of change. We’ll have to see where this goes.
I can identify with Joan Baez’s desire for a storm that changes everything on so many levels. On a personal level, I want a storm that will shake me out of areas where I feel I’ve grown complacent and motivate me to do things I have stalled on. On a political level I want a storm of consciousness that will awaken and empower people to demand the right to self-governance that we have lost. On a mass consciousness level I want a storm to arise within our hearts to make us think of ourselves on a species or universal level FIRST before either the personal or tribal levels so many of us seem stuck on.
Please rain in my soul
storm and rage within its core
sunlit rebirth dawns.
Click on image to see full-size
Orchid’s Dark by G A Rosenberg
Expanding Flower by G A Rosenberg
“I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now”
..and so I am. This past year I feel like I’ve de-aged, perhaps unlearned some things that might have helped me live one kind of life but not the kind I want to live now. I have been inspired, ignited and taught constantly, as much by myself as by others but so much from others and perhaps I’m finally gaining a sense of priorities. We’ll see where it leads..
A few goals for this next year:
1) I wish to delve into more how I relate to different archetypes. What does it mean to be a warrior? a teacher? a healer? How do I develop further, evoke those sides of myself.
2) Find more ways, preferably through my art and writings to bring more money in financially. Tho computer training is always good.
3) Meditate every day (for longer and longer periods of time)
4) Work on the difference between down time and wasting time.
5) More study time every day would be good also. Hmmm I may have to cut down on my FB time =)
“and if i claim to be a wise man
it surely means that I don’t know”
Click on picture to see full-size
Shades of Infinity by G A Rosenberg
Considering making art that is not digital. Textured art that one can feel. Interesting trepidations. Does talent and vision transcend medium?
I feel I know the answer. As long as the heArt is there, the art will follow. We shall see.