“Tell me what you pay attention to and I will tell you who you are.”
— Jose Ortega y Gasset
My attention tends to shift amidst many different areas and I never know which facet of my being will come into play. Here are some of the things that tend to capture it these days:
- Whispered words and Loud conversations
- How the light falls on the leaves – Light in general and darkness and the interplay between the two
- People’s hearts – People’s eyes, spirits and stories as well.
- My Family
- Art- Both creating my own and enjoying that of others. Favourites: Dali, Escher. Alex Grey, Austin Osman Spare, Caravaggio, Vincent Van Gogh, Bosch, and lots of others including that of many friends on Tumbler and Face Book.
- Bad Jokes and Good Wordplay- I love playing with language and making it dance.
- Books- Favourite writers are Charles deLint, Spider Robinson, Aleister Crowley, Austin Osman Spare, Michael W. Ford, Robert Anton Wilson, Ken Wilber,Neil Gaiman and an almost endless list of others.
- Archetypes-Myths, Legends, Songs and of course Comics.
- Music– Of all kinds. My tastes tend to change and evolve. Some favourites currently and perennially: ELP, Queen, Behemoth, Metallica, Neil Young, Dana Owens (Queen Latifah), Watain, Bob Marley, Animals as Leaders, Walk Off the Earth, Acherontas, Postmodern Jukebox, Emme Ya and again I could keep going endlessly
- People’s conceptions of the universe. I prefer to hear people’s unique takes on spirit as opposed to prepackaged ideas that they gained either at their parent’s knee or their latest conversion. I want to hear the kernel of truth that I believe each of us carries within.These days my studies have taken me more towards the goetia and left-hand path topics tho I am always interested in hearing and discovering truths as each person knows them.
I am always interested in learning more about the people who read this blog. Feel free to share what captures and holds your attention these days
Click on images to see full-sized: